Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sick baby

Our poor baby Mark is sick again for the second time in a week. Last week, he had a high fever which turned into a rash... which probably meant roseola. Too bad we made him endure another catherization to rule out another UTI b/c we didn't know why he had a fever so long.... Then he got well, only to get sick on Sunday with a horrible cough and another fever. We took him to the pediatrician yesterday and he has an ear infection, although his lungs are clear. So, we've been nursing a sick baby, trying to juggle work and house stuff... and we are essentially WORN OUT!

I had to work all weekend for an upgrade at work. Getting home at midnight on Friday and working on Saturday... and then sick baby on Sun, Mon, and today is NOT a recipe for success. Isaac and Mark got our Christmas tree, but it's undecorated. We're trying to wait till Mark feels better... perhaps in a couple days?

I have no idea if I'll get Christmas cards out this year. But fortunately, we are really simplifying gifts this year. We are doing a gift exchange with my nieces and nephews, and only buying for our nephew on Isaac's side. Our bank account has been bleeding since we moved into the new house in July, and we have to stop it somehow. Hopefully it will help us all reflect upon the real reason for the season?

I'm feeling a little down and depressed. I am ready for a new year... and hopefully an extended well time for our family's health. Thanks for any encouragement and prayers you can offer.

2 comments:

erin said...

So sorry that Mark has been sick! It really is exhausting, and I hate that you've had to work so much on top of everything. I will pray that the rest of this week will be restful and that Mark recovers quickly and that you all are able to enjoy the time leading up to Christmas.

I think it's great that you're simplifying Christmas. We don't buy for a ton of people but it seems like we still have spent a lot of money, and it's stressful. I'm thinking about broaching the idea next year of only getting gifts for the kids in the family. Ultimately, Stephen and I don't need anything anyway, and that's not what I remember about Christmases past either.

Remember that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. I pray He renews you today.

Amy@TheCircusMcGurkus.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry Mark has been so sick. Nathan was sick for an entire month when he was just under a year. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Hopefully Mark will
feel better soon and stay better through the holidays. :) For some reason time goes much, much slower when the little ones are sick.

And for the holiday, simpler is better. We are pulling back more and more every year and I love it.